This cool windy weather has me looking for warm nourishing food so now is the perfect time for Osso Bucco. The All Natural Meat Company has a beautiful cut of beef perfect for this dish. Serve it on polenta and topped with gremolata (crushed garlic with chopped parsley and grated lemon rind) and accompanied by lightly steamed broccoli and cauliflower. It is heaven in a bowl!
- Salami at Nimbin Valley Dairy this week.
- Fortnightly stallholder Farmers Choice Organics IS at the market this week for your seedlings and fruit trees.
- Krishna Organic Farm have lots of leafy greens plus freshly picked carrots and beautiful large pumpkins for the perfect pumpkin soup!
- Citrus is going gang busters with the full range of freshly picked fruit; a lime in your green smoothie along with avocado and lots of freshly picked greens gives you a great start to the day. I use the lime skin and all! And Phil from Quarterdeck Citrus has freshly made orange juice each week so try one this week or he will bottle it for you to take with you.
- Cecil Farm has lots of freshly picked fennel, cabbages and caulis as well as the most delicious crunchy peas!
And you can depend upon Mt Warning Bakehouse (formerly know as Show N Shine Deli) to have lots of muffintastic muffins to tempt you. Recently they have included raspberry and white chocolate; macadamia and chocolate; strawberry or any combination of these. Be surprised by the variety!
Music this week: Rob Csokas
Produce List Updated (no changes this week):
Asian greens (+ organic), Beans (+organic), Beetroot (+organic), Broccoli, Cabbage, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Chard (organic), Chilli, Cucumber (+organic), Corn (+organic), Eggplant (+organic), Fennel, Garlic (+organic), Herbs (basil + organic basil, coriander, rocket and more), Kale (+organic), Lettuce (cos organic), Fancy Lettuce and mixed salad greens, Microgreens (+ wide variety of organic such as alfalfa, sunflower, broccoli, chick pea), Mizuna, Onion (+organic), Pak Choi (organic), Potato (Sebago) , Pumpkin (+organic), Salad Mix, Silver Beet, Sprouts (+organic), Spinach (+organic), Sweet Corn, Sweet Potato (+organic), Tatsoi (organic) Tomatoes (+organic), Taro, Watercress, Wheat grass, Zucchini (+organic).
Apples, Avocados, Bananas (Cavendish, Lady Fingers and Little Gem), Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Oranges (organic), Passionfruit, Paw Paw, Pears,
Pecan nuts and macadamia nuts
Cows milk, cheeses and yoghurt
Goats milk and soft cheeses, Kefir
Raw unprocessed honey, creamed honey and creamed honey with cinnamon!
A variety of artisan breads baked with organic flours and local market products including macadamia nut bread!
Beef, lamb, pork and local fish when available.