What’s NEW at the Market this Week?
In the weeks leading up to Christmas we like to include local artisans at the market to give you and them an opportunity to support our local growers and makers. So this week we are welcoming the following artisan:
- Emu Beads – delightful created glass beads served to you free range or made into beautiful pendants or chains of beads or earrings with Michele’s silversmithing skills adding an extra special touch of flare to each creation. These are made by the very creative Michele Bevis. I love Michele’s work for its diversity. You can create your own design with her beads or buy a set already created. https://www.facebook.com/emubeads/
- If you love a little whimsy Renee has something for you to enjoy and great gifts to give. Her whimsical take on life shines through her ceramic creations. Renee Jeffery Ceramics has something for everyone from a colourful teapot to teacups and saucers, keep cups for coffee lovers. https://www.facebook.com/Renee-Danielle-Jeffery-Ceramics-654156157939201/
- Cheryl Watson – the force behind Gravity Accessories designs and creates denim bags with original vintage retro panels; fabric wallets for your sunnies or phone, fabulous fabric hats; cotton retro style scarves and head bands; fabric earrings and beautiful dresses for littlies. Find the perfect gift for your child’s teacher at GA this week and make your life simple while supporting a local artisan.
- Lelayna Beverley Artist is a young local artist to watch closely. She says that “my style of painting is known as acrylic flow. It is colourful, creative and unique. As long as I can remember I have been a creative artistic individual and I would love to be able to generate a living from my work. Mostly I like creating functional pieces of art and I love that with a functional piece it has purpose. I also specialise in ink and mixed media art as well as resin work.” So check out her range this week that includes resin and timber platters plus bold and vibrant cards and coasters.
- Please share this series of artisan stories with your friends and family so they don’t miss out on this unique opportunity. They offer such a beautiful range to select from knowing that when you support a local artisan or grower an actual person does a happy dance 👏👏😂💜
Artist and story writer Chris Degenhardt brings his Colours and Words to the market again this year. Chris said that “over the years I’ve worked in diverse styles: pointillism, fractal abstract, stereoscopic imagery. This is reflected in my cards and prints. Most of my work depicts elements of the Tweed Valley’s flora and fauna”.
The CWA is back this week with all your Christmas cakes, puddings and more. Pop in and say high to Janet and Jan who have been slaving over a hot stove to create this marvellous array of Christmas fare for your enjoyment.
What’s GREAT at the Market this Week?
So many delicious summer greens are at the market now. Summit Organics has the very popular Kang Kong back in season as well as beautiful big bunches of sorrel, Basil, sage and lots of herbs plus radish and pea sprouts by the handful and so much more. It’s that salad time of year and stir fries too Easy nourishing summer meals. 😋😋😋
BACK this week:
- Tusta’s Heart and Halo with his frozen vegan meals in a pack PLUS his turmeric chai for real spicy chai lovers.
- Mio Wraps – a very popular pop up with a brekky options designed to nourish.
ABSENT this week:
- Mad Mountain Farm
- The Murwillumbah Community Men’s Shed
- Doggie-licious treats – back next week
- Belle’s Kitchen – back next week
Weather: Partly cloudy. Areas of smoke haze. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h shifting south to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening. Daytime temperatures will be around the mid to high 20s.
Produce of the week (newest season produce is in bold):
- Onions and shallots
- Sweet potatoes