What’s GREAT at the Market this Week?
Summer vegies abound helped along by the recent rain and showers since. Jumping Red Ant has a wide range of capsicum and tomatoes from the very popular Grappa tomatoes to their Tommy Toe or cherry tomatoes. Bio Organic Farm and Sylva Lining Organics both have a great selection of tomatoes too and Summit Organics has cherry tomatoes.
Have you ever tried a watermelon and tomato gazpacho with feta? Inspired by Sydney caterer Leila of Hot Plates Catering who purchased an Everest Farm watermelon and posted a photo of Will cutting it and then shared how they enjoyed it.
Gazpacho is a Spanish-style soup, served cold and made by blending tomatoes with a variety of vegetables. Summer and watermelon go hand-in-hand so we’ve turned our usual tomato gazpacho into a watermelon spectacular that’s perfect as an appetizer or as a light lunch, even a snack.
Gary at Wollumbin Gourmet Mushrooms has lots of delicious yellow oyster mushrooms this week too so check these out and you might decide to pick up some fresh pasta from Fabian and Jodie of Woodland Valley Farm for a pasta and mushroom meal.
BACK at the market this week are:
- Crabbes Creek Woodfired –in a new spot at the entrance to the pavilion.
- Belle’s Kitchen – weeks 1 & 3 & week 5
- Heart and Halo – weeks 2 & 4 & week 5
- Nudgel Nuts (returns for one week this week and then will be absent until the new season begins for macas – perhaps late Feb or early March)
ABSENT from the market this week are:
- Caribbean Sorbet – usually every week
- Mio Wraps (week 4 pop up only)
- Loki Chai weeks 1 & 3
- Doggie-Licious weeks 1 &3
- Mad Mountain Family Farm – week 2&3 pop up returns in February.
Entertainment: Leigh James is kindly gracing us with his delightful music this week. It was to be Naomi Connell but she is NOT back from the Tamworth Country Music Awards where she won the Busking Championship.Weather: Mostly sunny. Overnight temperatures falling to the low 20s with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 30s.
YES the ATM is back thanks to Jeremy at Raw Earth Organics
Congratulations Naomi 👏👏👏No doubt the future is looking very rosy.
Produce of the week (newest season produce is in bold):
- Onions and shallots
- Pawpaw + papaya
- Sweet potatoes