(adapted from Poh’s Smashed Potatoes http://www.abc.net.au/tv/pohskitchen/stories/s2972042.htm)
- Kipfler potatoes well scrubbed or, peeled
- coconut oil or butter
- Freshly picked thyme or rosemary, chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Boil potatoes until just tender then drain and slightly cool before placing on a baking tray. With the palm of your hand, press down on each potato so it crumbles and falls apart.
- Sprinkle thyme or rosemary and small chunks of coconut oil or butter over the potatoes and cook at 180°C regular or 170°C fan forced. Shake tray occasionally to ensure a good coating of butter or oil and roast until olden and crunchy.
- Season with salt and pepper.