◦ 2 oranges, approx. 400g total weight
◦ 6 free range /organic eggs
◦ 200 g ground almonds
◦ 200 g organic rapadura or coconut sugar (I like to use a combination in a ratio of about 2:1); use other sugars if desired)
◦ 50 g organic cocoa powder (add more if desired)
◦ 1 teaspoon baking powder
◦ 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place whole oranges in a pan and bring to the boil. With the lid on simmer for about 20-30 minutes (or until soft (easily pierced).
Remove from pan and when cool roughly chop and place in blender starting on a low speed and continue until pureed.
Add the eggs, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, almonds, sugar and cocoa powder to the food processor. Blend.
Pour into a well greased (or l prefer lined) 22cm spring form tin and bake for 45 minutes to one hour.
When the cake is cool remove from tin.
Wonderful served with thick double cream!