Winter is here without the chill yet. How lucky are we! Now is the time to fill your market bags with an abundance of colours from the vast range of sweet potatoes, freshly picked carrots, microgreens and winter greens, lots of citrus including limes and don’t forget the avocado – full of nutritional goodness.
- Nimbin Valley Dairy – salami wasn’t available last week as forecast but Paul has assured me that it will definitely be at the market this week. Carlu will be delighted to show you this new product from NVD.
- All Natural Meat Companies winter fare:This week don’t miss out on the free range grass feed Kunghur beef being used in All Natural Meat Company’s BEEF TOMATO SHALLOTS AND GARLIC SNAGS also in CHORIZO SNAGS.Also available this week is
– fresh kidney for a delicious steak and kidney pie??
– fresh free range chicken livers.A slow cooked beef and chorizo stews always a favourite at this time of year. Throw in some locally grown winter veg and accompany it with some fresh wood fired oven baked bread and not only are u supporting fellow locals you will also have a happy well fed household.
- Fortnightly stallholder Farmers Choice IS NOT at the market this week.
Crumbs and Stuff – Sarah will be tempting you with her creations this week – try her salted caramel banana tart tartin or her intense Orange Lindt chocolate sandwiched between vanilla bean shortbread biscuits. Wow I can’t wait! Sarah will also be bringing along a range conserves and preserves including strawberry jam, lemon/passionfruit curd and roasted tomato and garlic relish?
Music this week: Tamara Cox
Produce List Updated:
Asian greens (+ organic), Beans (+organic), Beetroot (+organic), Broccoli, Cabbage, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Chard (organic), Chilli, Cucumber (+organic), Corn (+organic), Eggplant (+organic), Garlic (+organic), Herbs (basil + organic basil, coriander, rocket and more), Kale (+organic), Lettuce (cos organic), Fancy Lettuce and mixed salad greens, Microgreens (+ wide variety of organic such as alfalfa, sunflower, broccoli, chick pea), Mizuna, Onion (+organic), Pak Choi (organic), Potato (Sebago) , Pumpkin (+organic), Salad Mix, Silver Beet, Sprouts (+organic), Spinach (+organic), Sweet Corn, Sweet Potato (+organic), Tatsoi (organic) Tomatoes (+organic), Taro, Watercress, Wheat grass, Zucchini (+organic).
Apples, Avocados, Bananas (Cavendish, Lady Fingers and Little Gem), Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Oranges (organic), Passionfruit, Paw Paw, Pears,
Pecan nuts and macadamia nuts
Cows milk, cheeses and yoghurt
Goats milk and soft cheeses, Kefir
Raw unprocessed honey, creamed honey and creamed honey with cinnamon!
A variety of artisan breads baked with organic flours and local market products including macadamia nut bread!
Beef and lamb in an range of cuts; local fish (when available) and much more!