Autumn at the market is offering fantastic quality fresh produce from new season greens, fruit and an ever increasing range of vegies. We have the crispest Cos Lettuce and Rocket, Avocados, Spring onions and new season Silver beet. We also have a wonderful range of fresh dairy, raw honey, meat and much more. These are brought to you by your local Tweed based farmers.
- Organic citrus from Quarterdeck Citrus – navels, grapefruit, lemons and the last of this seasons mandarins (imperials).
- Sylva Lining Organics has new cos lettuce and spring onions in addition to their regular produce. Soon there will be snow peas and winter greens. Be inspired by the photo showing these two crops in the ground!
- Nimbin Valley Dairy now supplies cow’s milk yoghurt and soon will be providing some small goods – watch this space!
- Narbey’s Best Avocados will have Hass this week. The Pinkerton’s and Shepard’s have finished. I had a taste of the very new season Hass last week and it has a beautiful mild flavor – a flavour that continues to deepen as the season progresses.
- Tweed Caldera Pure Honey –Raw honey is honey that has not been heated, pasteurized or processed in any way. It is an alkaline-forming food that contains natural vitamins, enzymes, powerful antioxidants and other important natural nutrients. These nutrients are destroyed during the heating and pasteurization process causing pasteurized honey to be as unhealthy as eating refined sugar. Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties and promotes body and digestive health. To learn more visit http://www.naturalnews.com/035493_raw_honey_health_benefits_antibacterial.html#ixzz327sC1iHF
- Fortnightly stallholder Farmers Choice is NOT at the market this week.
Crumbs and Stuff – Sarah will be tempting you with her banana and salted caramel crepe tasting this week and her new product – Honey Preserved Quinces – delicious with Nimbin Valley Goat Cheese or any cheese of your choice!
Produce List Updated:
Asian greens (+ organic), Beans (+organic), Beetroot (+organic), Broccoli, Cabbage, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Chard (organic), Chilli, Cucumber (+organic), Corn (+organic), Eggplant (+organic), Garlic (+organic), Herbs (basil + organic basil, coriander, rocket and more), Kale (+organic), Lettuce (cos organic), Fancy Lettuce and mixed salad greens, Microgreens (+ wide variety of organic such as alfalfa, sunflower, broccoli, chick pea), Mizuna, Onion (+organic), Pak Choi (organic), Potato (Sebago) , Pumpkin (+organic), Salad Mix, Silver Beet, Sprouts (+organic), Spinach (+organic), Sweet Corn, Sweet Potato (+organic), Tatsoi (organic) Tomatoes (+organic), Taro, Watercress, Wheat grass, Zucchini (+organic).
Apples, Avocados, Bananas (Cavendish, Lady Fingers and Little Gem), Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Mandarines (just a few), Oranges (organic), Passionfruit, Paw Paw, Pears.
Pecan nuts and macadamia nuts
Cows milk, cheeses and yoghurt
Goats milk and soft cheeses, Kefir
Raw unprocessed honey, creamed honey and creamed honey with cinnamon!
A variety of artisan breads baked with organic flours and local market products including a macadamia nut bread!