MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all and a HAPPY NEW YEAR – may 2015 bring good health, happiness and bountiful harvest for all our farmers.
This week at the market:
All farm stalls will be at the market this week with the exception of:
- Narbey’s Best Avocados – unfortunately their avocado season has finished. Doug and Blanche hope to be back early in the new year with mangoes.
- Blueberries will not be at the market in December; hopefully back in January.
A good supply of passionfruit continues at Jumping Red Ant.
Jumping Red Ant also has avocados for another couple weeks and more freshly picked tomatoes.
Fresh beans and corn are still in abundance.
- John and Gina are on a well earned break and have travelled south for a family Christmas. Crabbes Creek Woodfired will be back on 7th January.
- Healing Foods Café is back on 31st.
- Sri Govinda Dham will not be at the market this week.
Entertainment – Broadfoot
Don’t forget these special Christmas food gift ideas –
- A cheese selection from Nimbin Valley Dairy for a Christmas cheese platter everyone will love.
- Macadamia oil, nut butter, chocolate coated macas and more at Nudgel Nuts.
- Grumpy Grandma’s special flavoured oils – lemon, lemon myrtle, garlic, smoked or chilli infused from Summerland Olives available at Spice Palace.
- Amazing artisan Christmas biscuits, and a range of other delightful a gingerbread house or gingerbread Christmas tree at Crumbs and Stuff
- Packets of award winning sun dried Sicilian herbs and spice flavoured olives from Summerland Olives at Spice Palace.
- Packets of Tweed River Pecans from Nudgel Nuts.
- Salted Caramel or any number of artisan conserves from Crumbs and Stuff.
- Delightful raw honey from Tweed Caldera Honey.
Drumming circle on 31st!
Produce of the week (newest season produce is in bold):
- Cucumbers (Lebanese)
- Paw Paw
Seasonal Produce List Updated:
Beans (+organic), Beetroot (+organic), Broccoli, Cabbage, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Chard (organic), Chilli, Cucumber (+organic), Corn (+organic), Eggplant (+organic), Garlic (+organic), Herbs (basil + organic basil, coriander, ginger, rocket, turmeric and more), Kale (+organic), Lettuce (cos organic), Fancy Lettuce and mixed salad greens, Micro greens (+ wide variety of organic such as alfalfa, sunflower, broccoli, chick pea), Mizuna, Onion (+organic), Pak Choi (organic), Potato (Sebago) , Pumpkin (+organic), Salad Mix, Silver Beet, Sprouts (+organic), Spinach (+organic), Sweet Corn, Sweet Potato (+organic), Tatsoi (organic) Tomatoes (+organic), Taro, Watercress, Wheat grass, Zucchini (+organic).
Apples, Avocados, Bananas (Cavendish, Lady Fingers and Little Gem), Blueberries, Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Oranges (organic), Passionfruit, Paw Paw, Pears, Strawberries
Pecan nuts and macadamia nuts
Cows milk, cheeses and yoghurt, kefir.
Goats milk and soft cheeses, Kefir
Raw unprocessed honey, creamed honey and creamed honey with cinnamon!
A variety of artisan breads baked with organic flours and local market products including macadamia nut bread!
Beef, lamb and pork (All Natural Meat Company), Salami (Nimbin Valley Diary)