What’s GREAT at the Market this Week?
Ayuvedic, tumeric vegan chai available this week at Heart and Halo – see details below.
School holidays are the perfect time to come and enjoy all that is on offer at the market. Extra special activities this week and next include:
🎨Artist sculptor Marie France Rose will finalise over the next two weeks the bead sculptures made at our clay modelling workshop during the last school holidays. This week and next she will guide interested children in painting these sculptures so that they can be threaded onto the totem and installed at the market.
🎨At Kiddies Corner – Paula, Amanda and their helpers are bringing a large canvass for the children to create a nature based mandala/art work using found objects in nature – sticks, leaves, flowers, pebbles and whatever is “found”. It would be wonderful if you collected nature based items and brought them to the children’s area for this craft activity.
It is going to be a beautiful sunny day so come along – grab a cuppa, pick up the freshest produce and relax while your children/grandchildren have some fun.
Homemade Pizza – the perfect activity for children during the school holidays and the cooler weather makes eating them more enjoyable than ever! Lots of pizza ingredients are available at the market every week:
🍕If you love olives on your pizza the best olives are Grumpy Grandma’s olives found at the Spice Palace Stall.
🍕Ready made pizza bases are available from Trish at her Deli Café Bakery stall.
🍕 Capsicum are at Bio Organic Farm Stall and Jumping Red Ant.
🍕Mushrooms are available from Gary at Wollumbin Gourmet Mushrooms and
🍕Simo at Re Sugo has a variety of 🍅tomato based sauces that you could use to spread over your base.
Stallholder Changes this Week:
BACK this week:
- Tusta is at the market this week with his very very popular frozen meal-in-a-pack at Heart and Halo. AND NOW his chai tea – by popular demand. Those who know his reputation as a chai master have let out the secret and so Tusta is now brewing his authentic and spicy chai for us to enjoy. It has the strong earthy flavours of chai made from one with lots of experience. If you love ginger, tumeric and cardamon you will LOVE this chai.
- Leanne and Anne Marie are returning this week with their Doggie-licious treats. So come and check these out. Your canine friend will thank you. A recent customer from Brisbane was thrilled at the joy his dog showed eating this food. He is now a regular 👏
ABSENT due to seasonal variations:
- Blueberry Fields – season has ended – returning July 🤞
- Narbey’s Best Avocados – back in September
Entertainment: Phil and Tilley
Weather: Sunny with light winds. The overnight temperature range will be between 7 and 10 with daytime temperatures reaching the low 20s.
Produce of the week (newest season produce is in bold):
- Apples – incl new season Fuji and Granny Smith apples
- Avocados – Hass at JRA
- Carambola (Star Fruit)
- Citrus of all varieties
- Custard apples
- Microgreens and sprouts
- Passion fruit
- Paw Paw
- Silverbeet and spinach