What’s GREAT at the Market?
Bursting with rich flavour and vibrant colour beetroot like all fresh vegies provides great nutritional value. Its rich intense colour is due to betacyanin. This antioxidant is important for a healthy heart so what better reason to enjoy beetroot regularly.
Beetroot is delicious raw grated in a salad, but is more frequently cooked or pickled- roasted is simply divine as roasting intensifies its sweetness. It is also superb as a beetroot relish. Enjoy beetroot this week in a:
- Beetroot, Nimbin Valley Dairy goats cheese and Tweed River pecan salad or a rocket, feta and beetroot salad.
- Warmed beetroot and pecan salad or
- Spinach and feta quiche with beetroot relish.
A reminder that Sugar cane juice started at the market last week and was VERY popular. Bernie O’Reilly makes a great juice.
Mio Wraps is back this week as a pop-up stall so if you enjoyed their three week stint at the market while Vietnamese Lotus was away then you will be thrilled to see them back.
Stallholder Changes this Week:
BACK this week:
- Nudgel Nuts – Ian is back with one of our favourite nuts.
- Tusta’s Heart and Halo PLUS his turmeric chai for real spicy chai lovers AND
- Leanne and Anne Marie’s Doggie-licious treats
- Week 4 Pop-Up Mio Wraps
Weather: Mostly sunny. Overnight temperatures will be between 10 and 13 degrees with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high 20s.
Produce of the week (newest season produce is in bold):
- Apples –
- Avocados – Hass and Reeds at JRA; Hass at Narbey’s Best
- Custard apples
- Leafy greens
- Microgreens and sprouts
- Passion fruit
- Paw Paw
- Silverbeet and spinach
- SUGAR CANE JUICE