What’s NEW This Week?
Thanks to the great effort by Greg and Meg Fallon – the showground caretakers – we are allowed back at the showgrounds this week BUT parking is still in the cattle yards opposite. We thank you for your understanding during these difficult times.
My Farm Kitchen returns with Susie – the jam girl, local baker & organic farmer and budding horticulturist. Her MFK website tells you all. For example she says “I adore cakes that don’t require fuss or fancy icing”. Her ingredients and flowers are picked frequently at the back door or come directly from her families Wekaweka farm. A basket full of cumquats is transformed into shiny rows of marmalade and an overripe hand of bananas transforms into loaves of coconut banana bread. Enjoy these at the market and to take home as well.
Nudgel Nuts will have Tweed River Pecan’s freshly shelled new season pecan kernels this week.
As we celebrate our 6th birthday THIS WEEK we are offering you specials, specials and more specials! And Fun with Food Activities. To thank you for your loyalty and supporting our farmers’ market for the past 6 years many of the stall holders are offering a birthday special THIS WEEK ONLY:
- Everest Farm is offering lady finger bananas at an unbelievable price of $1.9o/k.
- Nudgel Nuts – is offering $1 of 400g and 500g packets of macadamia nuts
- Tweed River Pecans available at Nudgel Nuts is offering $1 of every packet sold just this week.
- Jumping Red Ant – is taking 10% of all potatoes
- Caldera Honey – only $10.00/kilo jar instead of $12.
- Chai Harem would love you to bring your friends so they are offering “buy 2 chai’s and get one free”
- Costanzo Apples has quinces this week for only $4/k
- Byron Bay Gourmet is offering a free sample pack with any balsamic vinegar reduction valued at $2.95.
Crabbes Creek Woodfired – a premium white organic sourdough loaf for only $5. They will have their oven at the market this week too. So come along and enjoy their crusty woodfired pizzas – a school holiday special!
- Narbey’s Best Avocados – $3 a bag for their red bags of avos.
- Gunter’s Flammkuchen – breakfast flammkuchen with and bacon and egg only $12 each this week only.
- Flat Earth Organics is offering an amazing $10 off their 1 litre bottles of Cold Brewed Coffee – using one shot per cup of coffee – this one litre bottle makes a lot of coffee!
- Belles Kitchen is giving a $1.50 discount on all packets of Choc-a-Chino.
- Mark and Trish Fendley of Show N Shine Deli Café are offering you $1 off everything including breads, pies etc
- Belgium Waffles – Dutch sells waffles on a stick in assorted flavours and this week he is offering $1 off his macadamia waffles.
- My Farm Kitchen – popular citrus curds and lemon & lime curds – only $5 a jar – no.
- Yogi Nectar -50cents of small bottles of Yogi Nectar and $1 of the large ones
- The Gourmet Salad Hut – dill and watercress for only $2 per bunch. Enjoy these this week especially.
6th Birthday Kiddies Activities Program – FUN with FOOD
• 10.30am – Decorate calico bags – with Paula and Amanda
Our heartfelt thanks to Paula LaBelle from The Family Centre, volunteer Amanda and Heather Tannock from the Belonging Project for all their support.
Timing of other activities
10.45am we will be:
- Announcing the winner of the Fb competition – the prize is a voucher for a two hour Seafood Rainforest Cruise plus complimentary drinks RRP $178 thanks to Mount Warning Tours.
- Cutting the birthday cake
Artisan stalls to visit and enjoy
The Herbal Gardener – Lice Racine – grower and talented herbalist and skin care product creator and producer
Elke Designs – Elke Gill – the talented 20 year old designer artisan.
Whimsical Pottery – Renee Jefferys – creative artisan
Colour and Words – Chris Degenhardt – author and artist
Homestead and Co – Sam and Carol Boomsa – natural and reusable wraps instead of cling wrap
REMEMBER* ATM at the market!
We now have an ATM onsite for your shopping convenience.
Missing from the market this week:
11th Hour Coffee – Alistair has indicated that he may be ready to return in May. W wish him all the luck with his flood recovery.
Rob from Spice Palace will be back next week after getting to know his new daughter.
Brunswick Seed Oysters will be next week after water quality testing gives them the all clear.
Fortnightly, monthly stall changes:
Seasonal updates: Blueberry Fields returns in July or August weather depending.
*Entertainment: Rob Csokas
Weather: Patchy morning fog with a slight chance of showers. Temperatures will range from an early 15 degrees reaching the low to mid 20s.
Produce of the week (newest season produce is in bold):
• Cos lettuce
• Cucumbers (Lebanese)
• Dragon Fruit
• Potatoes (various)
• Sweet potatoes
Seasonal Produce List Updated:
Beans (+organic), Beetroot (+organic), Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Chard (organic), Chilli, Cucumber (+organic), Corn (+organic), Eggplant (+organic), Garlic (+organic), Herbs (basil + organic basil, coriander, fennel, ginger, rocket, turmeric and more), Kale (+organic), Lettuce (cos organic), Fancy Lettuce and mixed salad greens, Micro greens (+ wide variety of organic such as alfalfa, barley greens, sunflower, broccoli, chick pea), Peas incl snow peas (+organic), Mizuna, Onion (+organic), Mushrooms, Pak Choi (organic), Potato (Sebago) , Potatoes (kipfler ++), Pumpkin (+organic), Salad Mix, Silver Beet, Sprouts (+organic), Spinach (+organic), Sweet Potato (+organic), Tatsoi (organic), Swedes, Tomatoes (+organic), Taro, Turnip, Watercress, Zucchini (+organic).
Apples, Apricots, Avocados, Bananas (Cavendish, Lady Fingers (organic also), Black muscat grapes, Blueberries, Carambola (star fruit), Custard apples, Dragon Fruit, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kiwi fruit (organic), Lemons + Limes (incl organic), Lychees, Mangoes, Mandarin (organic), Oranges (organic), Passionfruit, Paw Paw, Pears, Plums, Rock melons, Sapotes, Strawberries, Watermelons.
Flowers – Gerberas, Lisianthus, Roses, Tropical flowers – currently sassy heliconias.
Eggs – including organic
Nuts – Pecan nuts and macadamia nuts, nut oils, butters and choc coated nuts
Dairy – Cows milk, cheeses and yoghurt, kefir, cultured butter ++ Goats milk and soft cheeses, kefir
Honey – Raw unprocessed Caldera honey, creamed honey and creamed honey with cinnamon! And bees wax candles.
Rice and Breads – A variety of artisan sour dough breads baked with a diversity of organic flours (including spelt and rye) and many flavours that use local market products including macadamia nut bread!
Mushrooms – Gourmet mushrooms – king oysters, white oysters, pink oysters, blue oysters, shiitake and Shimeji available at Wollumbin Gourmet Mushrooms and button mushrooms at Mountain View Eggs.
Meat – Beef, pork and goat (All Natural Meat Company produced), Salami (Nimbin Valley Diary) periodically + lamb and chicken sourced within the broader market radius and locally caught fish – very seasonal.
Seafood – Locally harvested oysters by Noel Baggalay from his Brunswick and Tweed Rivers oyster farm. Seasonally caught local fish, prawns and other seafood as it becomes locally available.
Our thanks to Mount Warning Tours for the generous gift voucher