Only two markets until our Christmas market on the 24th December
Just a reminder that we will have our regular Wednesday market on 31st December so do come and stock up after all your Christmas festivities.
“Food and culture market – creating connections”
17th December we are bringing you the opportunity to purchase some amazingly unique Christmas gifts at our first ever market that includes designers and artisans. Each will be featured on Facebook over the next week. We will have unique:
- Emu beads – Michele the designer of these amazing beads said that each bead is handmade with a flame – using oxygen and propate, to create a wearable work of art.
- Jewellery by Juliette Wehling (featured on Facebook this week)
- Art as both original paintings and original prints and cards by Jennifer Grace who aims to lift the human spirit through colour se her art converted into cards …..
- Apiwraps – artistic reusable natural beeswax kitchen wraps using lovely natural ingredients which keep your food naturally fresh for longer.
- Japanese inspired collages, paintings and photos on timber or canvas for wearable and home deco artworks by Mon Manabu.
- Wood and metal kitchen ware by designer Glenn Smith from Two Hands featured on Facebook on 24th (see examples in photo below with corn cob holder).
…………… And more to come next week ……..
This week at the market: Definitely more apricots and maybe cherries.
Lots of corn so the prices are very competitive.
The CWA has an abundance of Christmas cakes and puddings in a range of shapes and sizes. Pop along to their stall and have a chat to Jan and Janet
Entertainment – Rob Csokas
Christmas food gift ideas –
If you need some inspiration for those Christmas gifts why not think about consumables such as:
- Macadamia oil, nut butter, choc coated macas and more at Nudgel Nuts.
- Grumpy Grandma’s Smoked olive oil from Summerland Olives at Spice Palace – or an array of other flavoured oils such as lemon myrtle or chilli infused.
- Amazing Christmas biscuits, a gingerbread house or gingerbread Christmas tree at Crumbs and Stuff
- Packets of award winning sun dried Sicilian herbs and spice flavoured olives from Summerland Olives at Spice Palace.
- Packets of Tweed River Pecans from Nudgel Nuts.
- Salted Caramel or any number f artisan conserves from Crumbs and Stuff.
- Raw honey from Tweed Caldera Honey or perhaps some lovely beeswax candles.
- Rainbow Fruit Flats – roll them, fold them, shove them in your lunch pack and take them anywhere! from stall by the same name – great especially if your hamper involves a family – children love these.
Everyone loves hampers with any number of these items – simply add in fresh apricots and cherries on the day that you give it to the lucky recipient.
Supporting the local community:
17th December – invited designers and artisans join with famers and food vendors for a one –off Xmas market opportunity – bringing Xmas festivities to the market. And great Christmas gift ideas.
24th December – Santa comes to town …..
31st December – entertainment for the morning is a young local girl who sings under the title Emma Rose so let’s give our youth support this week.
Produce of the week (newest season produce is in bold):
- Cucumbers (Lebanese)
- Paw Paw
Seasonal Produce List Updated:
Beans (+organic), Beetroot (+organic), Broccoli, Cabbage, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Chard (organic), Chilli, Cucumber (+organic), Corn (+organic), Eggplant (+organic), Garlic (+organic), Herbs (basil + organic basil, coriander, ginger, rocket, turmeric and more), Kale (+organic), Lettuce (cos organic), Fancy Lettuce and mixed salad greens, Micro greens (+ wide variety of organic such as alfalfa, sunflower, broccoli, chick pea), Mizuna, Onion (+organic), Pak Choi (organic), Potato (Sebago) , Pumpkin (+organic), Salad Mix, Silver Beet, Sprouts (+organic), Spinach (+organic), Sweet Corn, Sweet Potato (+organic), Tatsoi (organic) Tomatoes (+organic), Taro, Watercress, Wheat grass, Zucchini (+organic).
Apples, Apricots, Avocados, Bananas (Cavendish, Lady Fingers and Little Gem), Blueberries, Cherries, Dragon Fruit (coming soon), Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Oranges (organic), Passionfruit, Paw Paw, Pears, Plums (coming in the New Year), Strawberries
Pecan nuts and macadamia nuts
Cows milk, cheeses and yoghurt, kefir.
Goats milk and soft cheeses, Kefir
Raw unprocessed honey, creamed honey and creamed honey with cinnamon!
A variety of artisan breads baked with organic flours and local market products including macadamia nut bread!
Beef, lamb and pork (All Natural Meat Company), Salami (Nimbin Valley Diary)